Sunday, June 12, 2016

Completed Cross Stitch - Crafty Like A Fox's "Spooky Friends/Fran and Frankie"




Hello fellow stitchy enthusiasts!  It has been some time hasn't it?  How are you?  Me?  Not bad thank you.  There have been a few changes and sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same.  I can tell you that I think this is truly, well.....true.

Full-circle change back to sameness can be good or bad.  Sorry if I seem a bit cryptic.  I really do not mean to be because as I am writing this I am thinking about my recent sacrifices seeking change and found a lot of no change at the end of it.  Wow.  I feel satisfied yet at the same time am experiencing a little of 'now what-i-ness?' type-thinking going on.  Have you ever felt the same or similar?

You may be asking so what does what I just mentioned have anything to do with my cross stitch?  Well, let me tell ya!  :)

One thing I really like about this picture is not only the design but the concept behind Frankenstein and his bride.  Both had experienced something that transformed them from something inanimate to animated.  In their case, it is electricity.  So I am thinking, well, what kind of jolt is needed in my life to reinvigorate and re-animate my life?  See where I'm going with this?

With M. Ali's recent passing, one of his quotes really stood out to me where he said "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."  Where does courage come from though?  Do you get this kind of strength from other people?  From yourself?  Is courage about being different or trying different things?  Jeez, I really do not know.  Do you?

This cross stitch fabric was dyed by me using Dylon dye on about 18-ct. Aida cloth, stitched 3 over 1, and specialty threads used:  DMC Precious metal effects E317, DMC Antique effects 415, DMC S414, DMC S762, and Kreinik fine braid #8 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment