Friday, October 18, 2013

Completed Cross Stitch - Barbara Baatz Hillman's "Hummingbird Banquet"


 
A-ha!  Searching has finally paid off in locating the proper name of this design and designer.  Never give up I say.  Nev---ahhh!

So after this yet another awesome "search and successful" pattern name find, I got to thinking about a couple of things about what makes us who we are. 

Do you ever wonder sometimes (in theory) if you had a previous life or who you might be related to based on your own likes, skills and dislikes? 

If not, then maybe do you ever wonder if you were adopted because you may be extremely different than your parents?  For example, the way my parents think vs. the way I think sometimes I wonder...was I switched at birth?

Well, for me, since giving it some thought today I wonder if I was Miss Marple's and Sherlock Holmes' theoretical 'love child' secretly adopted by Philip Marlowe.  Because since I love to investigate, analyze, search and search again, check for correctness, have drive and determination and above all, curiosity, here we are.  So, who's (I'm curious now!)...who's adopted 'love child' would you be?  :-)

So, just a few brief words about this pattern.  The colours are so bright and I love the little details.  What first attracted me to this picture was the water droplets, then hummingbird then flower.  At the time I found the pattern, I was in awe over the realism.  This design is at least 10 years old and still looks great. 

From memory, I believe this is a 28-count evenweave and if I were to do it all over again, I would have dabbled in a light-blue dyed background to emulate the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment